Based on a few educated assumptions, the paleo diet plan was proposed and formulated by a Loren Cordain from Colorado State University in the seventh decade of the twentieth century.
Paleo diet is based on modern-day foods that copy the food groups of the pre-agricultural and hunter-gatherer people.
This diet has many benefits, but some basic characteristics to it help optimize health, lessen risks of chronic diseases, lose stubborn weight and also keeps them off.
Paleo diet typically includes lean meat, fish, vegetables, fruits, seeds, and nuts.
These are food that can be collected through hunting or gathering. Other names for the paleo diet ae Ston Age diet, Caveman Diet and Hunter-gatherer diet.
Paleo diet has a brother – the keto diet.
They all belong to a low-carb diet, but keto diet has stricter control over carbohydrates.
When you are on a keto diet, almost every source of carbohydrates will be eliminated.
For more detail about the differences between paleo and keto diet, read this article.
Paleo Diet Plan Checklist
Associated Pros & Cons
There are several pros and cons associated with the paleo diet. We hereby describe both under separate heads:
- The red meat in this diet bears more iron than any other food. This may get you more iron than necessary.
- You would stay safe with chemicals, preservatives, and additives.
- Numerous individuals shed pounds basically because of the restricted nourishment decisions.
- The higher intake of proteins and fats with each meal, the craving for food would reduce radically.
- Plants in this diet, in the form of oils, seeds or vegetables, help reduce gastral inflammation.
- Last, and perhaps the most striking, the diet helps reduce obesity.
- With diet, you usually lack necessary grains useful for wellbeing and vitality.
- Most users need between three to six grams of carbs per pound of their body weight, every day. This would be difficult to do with just foods grown from the ground.
- This eating regimen can be hard for veggie lovers, particularly since it bars beans.
- Due to special foods in an everyday meal, it is costly.